Beefy Potato Jackets
Jacket potatoes stuffed with beef mince
- 225-375g/8-12oz lean beef mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 60ml/4tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 60ml/4tbsp good, hot beef stock
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 small to medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 x 125g carton low fat cheese with garlic and herbs
- x170g jar roasted or char-grilled mixed peppers, roughly chopped
- 100g/4oz sweetcorn, optional
- 50g/2oz grated reduced fat cheese, optional
- Fresh chives, to garnish
Instructions:Prick the potatoes several times with a fork and arrange on a microwave-proof dish lined with kitchen paper. Cook in a microwave on HIGH according to your microwave handbook.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the mince with the spring onions for 3-4 minutes until brown, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, stock and seasoning. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
Preheat the grill to moderate. In a small bowl, mix the soft cheese, peppers, sweet corn, if used and seasoning, if required.
Cut the cooked potatoes in half lengthways, leaving two halves slightly attached, open them out flat and transfer to a non-stick baking tray.
Pile the soft cheese mixture on the top and grill for 3-4 minutes. Add the beef and sprinkle over the grated cheese (if used), return to the grill and heat until the cheese melts. Serve with a crisp salad.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month: