Caramelised Balsamic Steaks
A great mid week steak supper dish that is ready in under 20 minutes with a marinade made with balsamic vinegar,, sugar, garlic, fresh rosemary and seasoning
- 2 lean sirloin, rib eye or flat iron steaks
- For the Balsamic Marinade:
- 30ml/2tbsp good quality balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp muscovado or dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed or 5ml/1tsp garlic purée
- 1 large sprig freshly chopped rosemary
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp mild chilli powder
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
Medium: 4 minutes on each side
Well: 6 minutes on each side
In a large non-metallic dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the steaks in the marinade and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours or, if time allows, overnight, turning once.
Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference. Set aside to rest on a warm plate.
Serve the steaks with saute mushrooms and onions and potato wedges.
Ask your butcher about flat-iron steaks, they are a tasty and less expensive cut.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month:
Enter a keyword here to search the entire site.