Use sweet lamb neck fillet or lamb shoulder cubes for this curry and a curry paste of your choice. The recipe is a guarenteed winner in the curry stakes!
- 675g/1˝lb lean lamb neck fillet, or shoulder, cut into 5cm/2inch cubes
- 45ml/3tbsp medium curry paste of your choice
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamon pods, slightly crushed
- 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml/7 fl oz good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander
Instructions:Put the lamb cubes into a large plastic food bag, add the curry paste and toss to coat the lamb. Seal and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour, if time allows.
Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish with a lid and cook the onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 2-3 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
Add the lamb with the curry paste and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, stock and chilli (if used). Cover and cook for 1-1˝hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Season if required.
Remove the cinnamon stick and serve with pilau rice, naan bread and a chutney of your choice.
A jar of prepared curry sauce works well too. Simply omit the chopped tomatoes and stock.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month:
Enter a keyword here to search the entire site.