Voting underway for Women in Meat Industry Awards 2020
The annual awards initiative recognises the contributions that women make to the meat sector and is a unique and popular initiative attracting many thousands of votes.
In 2019 the campaign received nearly 7,000 votes, almost double that of 2018 and expectations are high that this figure will be exceeded in 2020.
Voting for a finalist is quick and easy and all the candidates can be found at the voting pages of the official website.
Categories as follows:
• Meat Business Woman Award: Foodservice
• Meat Business Woman Award: Retailing
• Meat Business Woman Award: Manufacturing / Processing
• Meat Business Woman Award: Craft Butchery
• Meat Business Woman Award: Trade Body
• Meat Business Woman Award: Wholesaling
• Meat Business Woman Award: Industry Supplier
• Meat Business Woman Award: Training & Education
• The Rising Star Award
• Meat Business Woman of the Year Award
From the Q Guild 2 members have been shortlisted:
- Kathryn Meadows from Nicholsons Butchers
- Lucianne Allen from Aubrey Allen Butchers
We wish them the best of luck.
Winners will be announced at the November Awards ceremony and the overall Meat Business Women of the Year will be chosen from the various category winners following the conclusion of voting.
Sharon Yandell from Meat Management magazine who organise the Women In Meat Industry Awards said: “We have some amazing finalists and we are delighted that the Women In Meat Industry Awards goes from strength to strength. I hope everyone, including men of course, will get voting well before the final deadline.”
Details of the awards event can also be found on the Awards website
www: The final deadline to vote is Friday 28th August and details of all the finalists across all categories can be found at: