Hot BBQ Beef Satays
Marinated in coconut milk and chilli, these skewered beef cubes will make a great barbecue addition.
- 16 mins
- 450g/1lb lean beef sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- For the Marinade:
- 30ml/2tbsp coconut milk
- 5ml/1tsp light soft brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 large handful freshly chopped coriander
- Extra coriander leaves and finely chopped red chilli, to garnish
Prepare the marinade ingredients in a large shallow bowl.
Thread equal amounts of the beef cubes onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers, place into the marinade and coat the beef cubes. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Cook the steaks according to preference on a preheated grill or barbecue, turning once.
Serve the satays scattered with extra coriander leaves and chopped red chilli.
Serve the satays with crusty bread and a spinach and tomato salad with elderflower dressing
If using wooden skewers soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes.
Print View Download PDF