Thai Beef Curry
A wonderful curry made with boneless shin of beef with a combination of Thai spices and creamy coconut milk. Great for any weekend supper party
- 450g/1lb lean boneless shin of beef, or braising beef, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- For the Green Curry Paste:
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 green or red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp coriander seeds, finely crushed
- 2 fresh lemon grass stalks, finely sliced
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- Extra sliced chillies, spring onions or fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Instructions:Place all the curry paste ingredients except the garnish into a blender and whizz together until smooth.
Transfer to a large bowl, add the beef and mix to combine with the paste. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight if time allows.
Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, add the beef mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
Garnish with sliced chillies, spring onions or extra coriander leaves and serve with plain basmati rice and steamed pak choi or curly kale.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month: