Grilled Lamb Chops with Warm Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
Do try these lamb chops grilled and topped with a spiced butter made with paprika, ground coriander and fresh herbs. Serve with a delicious but trendy cauliflower and quinoa salad.
- 4-6 lean lamb chops or French trimmed cutlets
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Spiced Butter:
- 50g/2oz butter, softened
- 5ml/1tsp sweet paprika
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground coriander
- Small handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- For the Salad:
- 175g/6oz cauliflower, cut into small florets or pieces
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 100g/4oz quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- 600ml/1 pint good, hot vegetable stock
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- 15ml/1tbsp runny honey
Instructions:To prepare the spiced butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together. Form the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and set aside in a cool place.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C, 425°F. Put the cauliflower, the lemon zest and oil in large non-stick roasting tray, season, toss gently and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Cook the quinoa in the stock for 12-15 minutes. Drain in a sieve and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, place the chops on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
Transfer the chops to a warm plate and top with a disc of the flavoured butter.
Put the roasted cauliflower in a bowl with the quinoa, add the remaining salad ingredients, toss gently and serve with the chops.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month:
Enter a keyword here to search the entire site.