Teriyaki Lamb Stir-fry
A speedy stir fry supper dish using lamb stir fry strips and a home-made Teriyaki sauce
- 375g/12oz lean lamb stir-fry strips
- 10ml/2tsp oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 100g/4oz broccoli florets
- 100g/4oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- For the Teriyaki Sauce:*
- 60ml/4tbsp light soy sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 whole star anise
- 5ml/1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml/0.5tsp ground cloves
- 2.5ml/0.5tsp ground fennel
- 2.5ml/0.5tsp freshly milled black pepper
Instructions:To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes with the garlic, ginger and broccoli. Add the mushrooms and spring onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the Teriyaki sauce, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season if required.
Serve the stir-fry with noodles or rice.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month: